Senior Backend Developer (PHP)
About the job
Senior Backend Software Developer – LAMP stack (remote)
Our client is a company established in 2013, is a regional organization based in Dubai, UAE. The company offers advanced and state-of-the-art digital customer engagement and customer loyalty solutions. The focus is in the areas of rewards & loyalty, CRM, Direct Marketing, Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Customer Analytics. The company has developed a full suite of technology products and services, which in turn, sell them as integrated, plug-and-play solutions to businesses across all sectors.
The focus now is to expand the offering to the global market and we are looking now to hire the senior resources to help them achieve that objective.
We are looking for a talented and extremely passionate Senior Backend Software Developer to join our clients geographically diverse development team and work on backend development. He/she will have strong backend coding experience and must be resourceful; able to work independently with little or no supervision and able to work hard and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will get the chance to work on large projects and advanced technology and develop advanced skills in software development.
This is a position in a fast-growing company that provides the perfect environment for career growth and personal development.
The role reports into the Backend Development Lead and will be based remotely as part of our clients distributed team of developers.
What we have to offer
• A fast-growing company with the chance to work on complex large-scale projects.
• The chance to work with a top-notch team and learn from the best developers.
• A competitive monthly salary.
• End of year bonus will be based on individual and on company performance.
• Up to 15 vacation days and national public holidays will be given as paid vacation days.
• Career advancement opportunities are available based on performance and contribution.
• Build high-quality, reusable and reliable PHP code using Laravel framework and based on agreed-upon designs and architecture.
• Work on the development of the assigned tasks using mainly PHP and Laravel framework.
• Develop Unit-Tests within the code where required.
• Assist in preparation of the technical documents for code written by the backend development team.
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings to review current progress and obstacles with direct team.
• Collaborate with BAs, QAs, developers and operations managers across our various regions and teams
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
• Strong knowledge and experience with PHP and Laravel framework
• Strong understanding of Git version control
• Good experience developing and implementing RESTful APIs and SOAP Web Services (Soap) and using such tools for integration with 3rd-party systems
• Good experience in interacting with MySQL database (in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries) and strong experience in design of relational database (MySql)
• Excellence in programming, debugging, and implementation skills
• Strong knowledge (4+ years of experience) in LAMP technology
• Technical understanding required with Linux, Apache/NGINX web servers
• AJAX application including parsing and rendering JSON and XML
• Good OOP programming and Object Composition, method and class naming, layering
• Strong theoretical and practical skill of understanding and implementing basic programming patterns and principles
• Experience to develop web applications for high load
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS is a plus
• Min. 5+ years work experience in software development or similar field
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Keeping up-to-date with latest technologies and developments
• Excellent multitasking capabilities
• Strong communication skills and good command of the English language
• Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively with a distributed team (local &offshore).
• Ability to work independently and work with other team members to ensure on-time quality delivery of applications and meeting strict deadlines
If you are interested, feel free to send your CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY ONLINE →
Apply for this position
Please fill all the required fields,
so we can get back to you, Thank you for your interest.