TEMPORARY GENERAL AND FINANCIAL AFFAIRS OFFICERJanuary 20, 2021
For the “Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tirana, we are looking for a temporary position as the following:
TEMPORARY GENERAL AND FINANCIAL AFFAIRS OFFICER:
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands represents and protects the interests of the Netherlands government, citizens and private sector in Albania. The Embassy team consists of 17 people, both expats and recruited locally. The Embassy is active in the field of Rule of Law and Human Rights, Security and Stability, EU-Integration and Economic Cooperation.
The duties of the officer are in the fields of bookkeeping, maintaining payment transactions, personnel, accommodation, as well as providing clerical and logistic support. Lastly the officer might need to perform some duties related to consular services. The officer reports directly to the Operational Manager.
- Keeping correct and timely records of activities with regard to bookkeeping, commitments, expense statements and payments;
- Validating the payment of expenses by checking against internal and external regulations;
- Generating bank & cash statements as per relevant instructions;
- Obtaining feedback on payments if requested by suppliers;
- Providing clerical support services such as keeping sickness records, maintaining various staff lists and schedules;
- Informing and assisting expat staff on housing matters and moving;
- Support expat staff with visa’s, ID’s and accreditation with ALB MFA;
- Registration of Embassy’s cars and its diplomatic staff;
- Support incoming missions by booking hotels and vehicles;
- Responsible for updating the inventory of the buildings owned by the Embassy;
- Replace receptionist duties when needed;
- Support in IT-related matters (registration of equipment, technical support);
- Other miscellaneous tasks related to general and financial affairs of the embassy.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Someone who shows initiative, who likes to work in a team and is result-oriented;
- A good communicator, client-oriented and with organizational sensitivity;
- A well-organized colleague and experienced planner;
- Someone who delivers quality work and works accurately;
- Someone who is creative and flexible in performing her/his tasks;
- Someone with higher education (bachelors’ level) and fluent in English and Albanian (Dutch would be considered as an asset);
- IT-proficiency (Excel, Word and Outlook);
- Knowledge of the applicable accounting or other rules and regulations concerning financial administration at the mission;
- Skills and experience concerning working with computer-based financial systems;
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience;
- A driving license would be considered an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A dynamic work-environment;
- A Dutch work-culture;
- Assignment shall be for 8 (eight) months period;
- Starting date of work 01 February 2020;
- Renumeration Highly Competitive.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Highly Competitive
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Are you interested in a new challenge in an innovative company? Have you answered well our questions related this position? Then we look forward to getting to know you and offer to you a very innovative challenge that will change your life forever! The interested candidates are invited to send their application documents (a Cover Letter and a CV in English) at: email@example.com if you have any technical questions related the application, please, contact directly Mrs. Ergesta STERMASI on mobile no. +355 68 203 3430 (Monday – Friday) until 20th of January 2021
Try The HeadHunter for your success!
Believe your career to the ONLY professionals!
Apply for this position
Please fill all the required fields,
so we can get back to you, Thank you for your interest.